Saturday, July 27, 2013

Looking Back...

I can't believe it's my last weekend in Heidelberg.  I feel like this semester has flown by, but at the same time it feels like I've been here forever.  Knowing that I have to leave in 4 days is such a strange feeling.  When I first got here, all I wanted to do was go home.  However, I quickly met so many unforgettable people and made so many good friends that I can't imagine leaving.  Sure, this semester was a bit of a roller coaster, but it truly has been such an incredible experience and I wouldn't trade it for anything. Of course there were times when I felt homesick, but then I just needed to stop and look around at the beautiful city that I had the opportunity to call home for 5 months & the amazing people I've met and I quickly remembered how lucky I really am.  I could never have imagined doing the year long program when I had first got here, or even a month or two ago, but now I almost wish I did.  Now that I'm really thinking about having to leave, I've realized that this is the worst time to leave.  It feels as if I finally completely feel comfortable here and settled in, and then suddenly have to leave it all behind. It's definitely going to be hard, but hopefully I will get to come back soon & I will be able to stay in touch with all my new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment